March 6, 2012

Baking with Josephine

I had 3 over-ripe bananas on my counter this past week. I kept wanting to bake banana muffins, but I was out of flour.

Two nights ago, in my laziness, I googled "flourless banana muffins," thinking there had to be a way to make them that didn't require a  (1.5 minute) drive to the store.

I found this recipe, calling for oatmeal and oat flour instead of regular, glutinous flour! AND, I learned how to make oat flour! It's super easy. Ready? Grind oatmeal up in a food processor until it looks like flour. There you go!

I've been trying out gluten-free, dairy-free, and other "free" recipes lately, not because I need them, but because I enjoy serving desserts my friends can eat. Pinterest has been a fun place to find recipes, although some are better than others (that fresca/white wine "sangria" was a huge disappointment). I have made this deep dish cookie pie twice already, and it's sooo good!

This morning, Josephine and I gave the banana muffins a shot. Here she is reading the recipe for me.





How adorable is she? She's standing on a chair, and she LOVED playing with the measuring spoons and "helping."



I didn't have some of the ingredients, so I merged a couple of recipes. And I forgot to add the sugar. Whoops! But drizzling a little honey over a bit of butter, they were delicious.

In the linked recipe it calls for yogurt, but I used sour cream, and I added some ground flax seed and an extra banana. Josephine and I love them, but Paul thinks they taste "healthy." Oh darn, more for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment